T + 58 212 201 8554
Areas of Practice
- General Advice
- Trademarks and Patents changes of ownership and license recordals
- International Economic Integration Law Specialist. Universidad Central de Venezuela. 2010
- Intensive Graduate Studies on Intellectual Property. Universidad de Buenos Aires. Argentina. 2007.
- Virtual Training Pilot Course on Copyrights and Related Rights. CERLALC – UNESCO – Universidad del Rosario. Argentina. 2006
- Law Degree. Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Venezuela. 2002
Karen joined HPCD in 2016 as an attorney in the Changes of Ownership, Renewals and Licenses Department and soon became a Junior Partner at the firm, coordinating the department. Previously, she had worked in the patents and trademarks area for Ayala & López Abogados law firm; as a freelance consultant on Intellectual Property-related matters in Venezuela and Panama; as a Senior Associate at Estudio Antequera Parilli & Rodríguez law firm; and as a legal assistant in civil and commercial litigations at D’Empire, Reyna, Bermúdez y Asoc.
- Management and coordination of the filing process of trademarks registration’s renewal.
- Management and coordination of the filing process of transfers, cessions, fusions, names and address changes, and licenses for use.
- Advice on consolidations and merges of ownership of IP portfolios.
- Venezuelan Association of Industrial Property Agents (COVAPI)
- Colegio de Abogados de Caracas [Caracas Bar Association].
- Apropiación indebida de datos de prueba protegidos: Viabilidad del resarcimiento de daños y perjuicios por el aprovechamiento del esfuerzo ajeno. Revista Jurídica de Propiedad Intelectual [Misappropriation of Protected Proof Data: Feasibility of Compensation for Damages by Alien Effort Exploitation]. Universidad Católica de Santiago de Guayaquil. 2010.
- Articles and newsflashes for Ámbito Jurídico, Mondaq and Pharmaceutical Advertising 2006, 2007 y 2009.