Areas of Practice
- General Advice
- Multiple Protection Analysis
- Data Privacy Protection
- LiveScience and Biotechnology
- Administrative and Court remedies applied to Intellectual Property
- Master in Business Administration. Golden Gate University. San Francisco, California. USA. 2012
- Master of Laws in Intellectual Property. The John Marshall Law School. Chicago, Illinois. USA. 2008
- Law Degree. Universidad Católica Andrés Bello. Caracas, Venezuela. 2005
Joaquín joined HPCD in 2012 and became partner in 2016. He worked for many years in an renowned law firm in the USA, where he gained a valuable international perspective. He started his professional career in 2004 and has worked in other well-known intellectual property firms in Venezuela.
- General counsel on matters involving trademarks, patents, and Copyright.
- Preparation of documents addressed to administrative authorities and development of legal strategies.
- IP portfolio management. Prosecution of domestic and foreign trademarks, patents, and Copyright, including searches, filings, oppositions, cancellation and nullity actions, defenses against trademark and trade dress infringements and unfair competition accusations, as well as to mergers and acquisitions concerning ownership of intellectual property rights.
- Protection strategies involving well-known marks.
- Drafting and negotiation of coexistence agreements and other IP related agreements.
- Drafting and monitoring of cease and desist letters related to intellectual property infringements.
- Counsel on intellectual property registration strategies and risks on use.
- Counseling on Biotechnology and Life Science.
- Data protection strategies.
- International Bar Association (IBA)
- Lex Mundi (LM)
- The International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI)
- Inter-American Association of Intellectual Property (ASIPI)
- Venezuelan Association of Industrial Property Agents (COVAPI)
- Colegio de Abogados de Caracas [Caracas Bar Association]. Venezuela