T + 58 212 201 8321
Areas of Practice
- Settlement of disputes
- Public Law: Constitutional and Administrative
- Diploma from the School for Advanced Studies in the Social Sciences of Paris, obtaining the title of Prospective Planning.
- Doctor in Law, in Administrative Sciences at the Paris – Sorbonne University.
- Visiting Felow, at the Andrés Bello University of St. Anthony of the Chair (Oxford, England).
- Law degree. Central University of Venezuela (UCV) 1967.
Cecilia Sosa Gómez is currently a member of the Advisory Board of Hoet Peláez Castillo & Duque. In her career, she stands out as President of the First Court of Contentious Administrative Matters (1986-1989) and Magistrate (1989-2000).
Once appointed Magistrate of the Republic of Venezuela, she became the first woman to preside over a Supreme Court of Justice in the Americas and served as President of the Supreme Courts of the Americas organization.
The presidency of the Supreme Court exercised it for four consecutive periods (1996-2000), in addition to having simultaneously held the presidency of the Political-Administrative Chamber.
She works as a law professor at the Andrés Bello Catholic University, the Central University of Venezuela and the Arturo Michelena University, in the areas of undergraduate and Postgraduate.
- Bar Association of the Federal District
- World Association of Jurists
- Constitutional Block of Venezuela
- Advisor Board at The Center for American and International Law